Sunday, January 10, 2010

This thing is cool!

For Christmas my parents got us this video camera, and as Rich opened it I thought, "but they know we already have one right?" We have a normal video camera that cost us a few hundred dollars, you have to charge it up, put it in it's own bag, and remember to bring it.  We only use it at home and maybe holidays because let's face it, there is enough stuff to lug around with a kid, plus you know I need to bring my camera! Then the video files are huge so I'm all worried about loading so much on my laptop, so they stay forever.  Seriously, we haven't transfered 1 video since Bailey was born! Well, I may be late to the party here because I didn't even know about these new video cameras but they're awesome!!  We are so excited about it!  It's little, fits right in Rich's pocket or my purse, so we take it everywhere!  No charging, takes batteries, only about $100 and the best part is.....  no cords!  You push a button and the USB thingy pops right out and it goes right into your computer, it's so EASY!!  (That's why I keep putting video clips here).  If you have kids, you HAVE to get one! So, unless you're thinking, "yah, yah Jamie I already know about this" here it is, it's a Flip Ultra.  Go get one!  You will LOVE it!  :)


We video taped a couple minutes yesterday at lunch and I played around with the "snapshot" feature and got these pics, not bad!


                             
Thank you Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

  1. We'll have too look into that! I used to just take short video clips with my point and shoot, but recently Jake took the memory card out of that camera and put it into his new Wii.

    Does it take you a long time to post a video, because when I try it always takes foooorrreeevvver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really cool. We tape a lot on our regular video camera but that one looks really handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as you plug it into the computer they show up and you drag it to the Save icon (super easy!) and it takes less than a minute! I think cuz the file size is a little smaller. Then, I just upload them to facebook (maybe 5 min to upload a minute of video?) and then embed the code thingy. It's pretty quick!
    I don't think we'll ever use our other camera again, we always have this one with us, like today when she was crackin us up at Del Taco! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!