So after this Bailey and I were at the mall and I stopped by that "Icing" store. I was seriously considering getting her ears pierced. I have always loved little pierced ears on girls, but there was never a day that seemed like a good day to poke her! I just always thought, "I'm gonna do it another day." So this morning I was talking about it again with Rich's mom and I happened to be there so this was the time. I was talking to the girl about it, and the cost and everything and I was about to go for it, but I looked over at her and she gave me the biggest, sweetest smile, and then started bouncing (dancing) to the music that was playing in there. That was all I needed. I couldn't do it!!! I can't stand the thought of hurting her on purpose, even if it is just for five minutes! I don't know what my deal is, they look so cute and she'll forget in an hour but I just can't. My heart falls straight to the ground when she cries! So maybe one day her and I will both be brave, or maybe she'll just have to make that decision on her own when she's a little older. Rich says who cares, she's beautiful without the earings. Oh well. Maybe someday I'll post "pierced ears!" but for now, she'll have to be adorable just the way she is, my beautiful Bailey. :)

Jamie, You are the best mom!
ReplyDeleteWas searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your description about wanting to have your dd's ears pierced, but were concerned about causing her any pain or discomfort. I was the same way anquishing when to have our 2 yr toddler's ears pierced. Everyone said not to do, but when I asked our ped, she encouraged me to go ahead when mommy could care for them and minimize the risk of infection. She often saw problems in older girls wanting it done, but failing to care for them properly causing infections.
ReplyDeleteWe pierced our almost 2 yr old and loved how cute she looked with short hair an little gold balls in each ear. I was a little unsure, but held up a pair of my little stud earrings to her ears and she smiled. The next day I went ahead and pierced her ears at Piercing Pagoda where my ped had her little girls pierced. They were very easy to care for and she loves them!
If you still thinking about, then your mommy intution is telling now is the time. Write me an e-mail for our ped's tips which include some OTC meds to minimize any discomfort.
Amy
Amyswor@hotmail.com