Friday, January 8, 2010

Blogging

I started so long ago with this idea to start a blog (never quite happened!). Then, over my break when I had lots of time I decided. "I'm finally gonna do it!"  It seemed like the perfect idea.  I had time to get it all worked out, then it would just be quick posts to keep up on it.  You people who know me know I LOVE my pictures and anything I can do or create using them (and now little video clips too!).  So.....violla! (spelling??) I can't spell violla but I have a blog!  Ok, what I did not know was this other WORLD I was entering into.  Yah, I used to follow a couple blogs but I didn't realize all the bloggers out there!  It's so cool to keep up with people I haven't seen for a while, and find new people who are so darn interesting (me... probably not so interesting... but hey, I have a cute baby!).  And, I get to be me and post things that are interesting to me-- hoping they may be interesting to someone else I know-- and share my amazing family moments with all of you. That's the cool part.  The part I had no idea about was all the backgrounds and templates and options for columns and gadgets and links and codes and ahhh! The good thing is I like simple and plain, that's just me- so that helps! So today I thought, "I'm gonna look for a cute background".  Wow, what did I get into? Of course first I had to learn how to get it into my blog, then browse the thousands of options and it's so funny I felt all this pressure to find the perfect background that represents "me."  No doubt I was big dealing it way to much (typical) but I found one I like.  Not too busy, maybe a little bright but overall simple.  So I entered the blogging world I think I'm done finding cool stuff to go on it......for now.  But I love the idea of sharing a little bit of myself and my cherished moments with all my people! Thank you for your comments- that's the best part! :)

3 comments:

  1. ha ha! Jamie you are funny! It's so true though. Same with me, I started blogging just to post pics of my kids and keep our out of state family informed of the happenings in our life. But now, I love it for so many other reasons! Like finding you! I've found so many old friends and met so many new. I have been really inspired by photographers who blog, and learned so many great recipes, ideas, hair bow tutorials, decorating tips, all through blog land! It's crazy.

    If you haven't yet, check out the blog on my links under Other Blogs I Love To Read that is called Thrifty Decor Chick. She is a decorator and has awesome ideas!

    Happy blogging. Fancy meeting you here.

    PS- I think it's voila. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background is great! It's YOU, really cute! I love the Psalm too. I look forward to each and every post, picture and video. Keep up the great work, and Thank You for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genn, cool I'll check that out thanks!
    Joni, I'm so glad you're reading it!! Tell Gram I hope she feels better- we're praying for her poor thing :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!