It's been a little while. I needed my momtog and blog fix!
A couple things-
Yucky-ness and Sweetness
Bailey got the flu this week. Thank GOD it was the day she was at my mom's. I got a text that she had thrown up 3 times, and was sick. My poor baby. I FLEW over there after work. It was awful to see my baby sick, and I was so thankful that she had my mom to hold her and comfort her. I drove home, and she threw up twice on the way home. I'd tell you more about that but it's blocked from my memory. Sorry. Wish I could say the same for that smell. I hosed that carseat, sent the fabric thru the 3 hour stain cycle, cleaner, Fabreezed that puppy, you name it. ick! She threw up a couple more times at home that night. It is the most horrible thing to witness your baby suffering. Awful. Awful. Awful. I just wanted to take it away. It is seriously heartbreaking to see someone that sweet uncomfortable. :,( I braced myself for a long night, but her and I slept on the couches and thank goodness we got thru the night with no more sickies. All night she had been saying; "Go away sickies, make Bailey feel better." (That's what my mom had been telling her).
By morning she was her old self, and wanted to eat, eat, eat.
I was thinking about how the heck single moms or dads do this stuff. When I got home, Rich had towels and a bath ready, scooped her up, cleaned her all up. He held her while I got sub plans done for the next day, etc. It would suck to have to deal with everything on my own, don't know if I could do it. Single mama's and dad's out there, I feel for ya!
Rich ran out first thing in the morning to grab some Pediatite, and soup, and picked these up for me...
He knows I love tulips. I meant to get a picture of the yellow ones he got a couple weeks ago, and I forgot. Aren't they pretty? I love to have them around- coolest flower ever! They looked like that, then later they were open and standing straight up! They open and close and move up and down- I love to walk by and see what they are doing. They're so fun!
I seriously have the sweetest husband. Today I tried to find a couple maternity things. Just a couple, is that too much to ask? At Kohl's and Target the maternity section is so teeny, and all the clothes are so frumpy and unflattering. Young women have babies, right? I was so so frustrated. Guess who was working out in Ontario today and guess who stopped by Destination Maternity to pick up some Pea in the Pod CUTE jeans? Love him. He's so sweet and thoughtful. Made my day. :)
Yummy-ness
I've been meaning to post this recipe- mom, here it is :)
Around the Smallwood pad we like easy meals, and quick meals, and we try to keep it healthy most of the time. Here's a recipe we found that is so good, really quick, easy, and it's a light, citrus chicken. Probably more of a summer recipe but oh well! We eat a lot of chicken 'round here.
By quick, I mean 5-10 minutes to prep, but then it cooks in the oven for 30 min or so.
1. Oven at 350. Put chicken in the Pyrex :)
2. Pour over 1/2-1 can of unsweetened pineapple.
3. In a dish, mix 1 tsp. dried rosemary, 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp ground ginger.
4. Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken and pop it in the oven
5. Cook the chicken for 30 min or however long it takes until done. :)
Cuteness!
Being the awesome mom that I am, I decided my girl just got over being sick, let's take her out in the rain! Ok, well it didn't really happen like that. We had a break in the rain and she was so excited to get out- something about that umbrella! So we went out for a quick second to play. No harm, I promise :)
It's so nice to see her smiling again!







Poor Bailey. It is awful when the little ones get sick!!! Glad she is better now. They spring back so quickly. Cute pics of her in the rain!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that she if feeling better and that you did not get sick!!! Poor little girl. I am not looking forwards to the sickie stuff with my baby. You should post more pictures of you pregnant. I bet you are so cute!!!
ReplyDeletePoor bailey. I'm glad she is feeling better too!
ReplyDeleteI'll never forget the first time Hannah threw up. She was about 1 and a half and threw up all over her crib. Jake wasn't home and I didn't even know where to start. How to hold her, calm her down, and clean her up, and her room, and bedding. Ugh. Stomach flu is so messy. Glad she wasn't sick for too long!!
Hi Jamie, it's me again.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to tell you that your nice comment on my blog seriously made my day!! My week! And no subscription fee necessary!! But you made me laugh.
Hope you are all having a good week. :)