Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monday Funday!

Last Monday was wonderful.  I got some productive stuff in, like washing clothes, cleaning my bathroom, oil change, bleh.  More importantly, I got in some family time on Rich's lunch (picnic at the park by us :) and some playtime with my girl.

We played with marshmallows and toothpicks- I saw it somewhere on a blog and thought it would be some good, cheap fun!


She really liked it, although it was a little tough for her to build and I should have predicted all she'd want to do is eat the marshmallows the whole time!

It's cool that I can say, "smile" for pictures and she'll look at my camera and smile (most times sometimes with a little bribery and threatening), but a lot of the time I get something like this...

Nice, Bailey.  A little scary!

Ok, this one's better! (too bad my focus was on the marshmallows!  Oh well...)

She had fun just doing her thing, and she ended up making a "choo choo train"  



It was a nice Monday off.  And... Yay!  This Monday off too!  I could really get used to these 3-day weekends...


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Looks like she loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Mom you are. We made marshmallow snowman a couple years ago with Hannah using the big marsmallows and toothpicks to keep em together and for their arms. She had way more fun eating them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I use marshmallows and toothpicks at work for geometry. The kids use them to build geometric terms like different angles and such. It is so much fun and they too sneak lots of the marshmallows. I'll have to try it with Kayden. Bailey looks like she is having a blast. Oh, and I SOOOOO agree these 3 days weekends have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!