Thursday, July 8, 2010

Almost 2, Update! Videos Galore!

I say "update" as if it's been a while since you've seen her! Ha!

Well, here's an update anyway...
Bailey is growing so fast!  She is talking a mile a minute now- and she is soooooooo into learning everything she can!  She has foam bath letters and she is always asking me what each one says, ever since we taught her that "m says mmmmmmm!"  She knows a couple letters but she is really more into numbers and shapes, and, as always, animals and animal sounds!

She is like a little parrot right now!  She repeats everything we say.  It's like when kids play that copying game! 
Me: "Bailey, what color is that?"
B: "What color is that?"
Me: "No you tell me..."
B: "You tell me"
Me: "Is it blue?"
B: "Is it blue?"
ugh! :)

She is still soooooo into her babies.  The latest is her Minnie Mouse ("Me-nouse") from Disneyland. She pushes them all over in her little stroller, puts them in the high chair, and takes good care of them.... except when she's done with them and throws them on the floor!

She is girl, girl, girl!  She likes to get out her clothes and try them all on, as well as her shoes, and my clothes too (you'll see her wearing one of my night-gowns in a video clip).  She loves necklaces, bracelets, rings, and especially her "princess shoes."  Rich's mom got her 4 pairs so one is at my moms, one is at Peggie's, and two are at home!

She's talking more in sentences now, and it AMAZES me what she comes up with.  She just says things like a regular person sometimes and I have no idea where she heard it!

Today I was sitting with her on the couch and she kept pointing to her lolipop and saying, "That pink."   Then she looked at me and said, "Is that green?  No, not green. That pink."  She's so funny!

She is 90% ANGEL.  Sometimes we just watch her play or talk to us and thank goodness no one else is in the room because we probably have goofy-looking faces on us!  We just stare at her with and smile and are still in disbelief with how blessed we are. THIS love is something I will never be able to express so I'm not even going to try! She has the sweetest voice I have EVER heard in my life and she is so good (usually) when we go out and do things. The other day we were in the apartment office and the lady gave her a lolipop.  I couldn't let her eat it in the car incase she bit it, so I had to have her give it to me.  She handed it to me and I told her "later, at home," and she said, "Gotta wait." She's usually very good when I need to tell her no. She is very friendly and says "Hi!" to everyone in her cheerful little voice.  She's just plain awesome!

The other 10% of the time... not so fun! It's usually when she's tired and isn't getting her way.  She will whine and throw her weight around, and throw a fit! Sometimes she gets so frustrated she just screams at the top of her lungs!  And if she's really mad, she'll even pull my hair or pinch me!  Oh, that is difficult! It's not that often, but when it comes it's like she's a different kid!  We try so hard to be calm and firm with her and not let her get her way (and not LOOSE IT in the process!).  I know it's just part of growing.  She's testing her limits, and our patience and strength! 

She's doing great in the big girl bed!  She goes right to bed and whispers, "nigh-night, I wuveeeyou" and stays put until she falls asleep!  Yay!  She got up once, I put her back in, she cried, and that was that, she hasn't done it since.  She is starting to ask for things now though.  After I tuck her in and close the door, for a little while she ask for "mommy's bed" but eventually she stops and goes to sleep. 

We've been having lots of fun!  Lately, she asks to see fireworks, and go to Disneyland.  Well.... neither of those are coming soon but thankfully she is equally excited about the park, water play, and Starbucks!

I have A LOT of video clips on my flip, just random clips from our little world!  I just threw them all together, if ya wanna take a look...



I can't believe she is almost 2! Pretty soon she'll have more room to play and even a little backyard to play in!  Time is seriously FLYING with her, we're just trying to take it all in before it's gone! We are so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you say she is 90% angel. How cute. She is darling. This is such a fun age! Jamie, where is your new house? Corona?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, time is just flying and our babies are growing too fast right before our eyes. It seems like she is at such a fun age, taking in and learning so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!