Sunday, April 11, 2010

Guess What!

We got home on Friday evening from Chuck. E. Cheese's.  Rich sat down on the couch with the laptop.  Then as I'm playing wtih Bailey, I hear him say "WOOOAAAAH". 

What!?  What is it?  Is everything ok? 
He's checking his email, so I'm thinking, oh my gosh, did someone die?  Is there a problem?
WHAT?

At this point, he had to respond, and couldn't just dismiss that, so he told me his little secret.
He put my 17-55 lens up for sale on Ebay, and he said "WOOOOAHH" because it sold very quickly, he wans't expenting that.

Hold on.  Back up.  You did WHAT?!!!!!   You SOLD my lens?  YOU sold MY lens on Ebay?!  Is this a joke?  Are you kidding me?  You took it upon yourself to SELL my LENS!

...Then I figured it out.  Oh my gosh!  Let me back up in my story. 

A while ago I got my heart set on this lens.  I rented it.  It was love at first click.  I jokingly texted the guy I rented it from and asked if he wanted to sell it to me.  He replied with a "maybe next month" and a "maybe we can work out a trade for your 17-55".  I told Rich about this conversation and that I wouldn't need my 17-55 if I got this new lens. But I wrote it off, pretty much.

This weekend he called the guy. He's dealing with something else right now, he said call Monday.  Well, Rich just got right to work.  He researched how much this lens was worth new and used, as well as the value of my lens.  He took pics of everything and put an add on Ebay, and was in the process of contacting sellers to get the other lens. 

When I realized what was going on I was SO EXCITED!  I never thought this lens could be mine, it was way too expensive.  But selling my other lens and buying it (a little) used made it doable.  Really? I could have this lens soon??? Pinch me!

Sunday night he bought this baby.



We drove to pick it up.  The seller was a photgrapher who wants to move into all prime lenses.  He bought it about 7 months ago- it's in mint condition. 

AHHHH!  I am SO EXCITED!  I know I'm not quite the camera operator who will do it justice but it can take awesome pics, and I love the range for everyday stuff!  And it's L Series!! (That's canon's top of the line).

Bailey was soooooooooo good for the ride to get it, and dinner in the car.  We stopped for ice cream afterwards to give her (and us) a little treat.





THANK YOU to my amazing hubby!  All I know how to do is hand Sammy's Camera my payment, no Ebay or craislist or paypal or any of that stuff.  This never could've happened if he wasn't so set on getting me this lens for my birthday.  He's so sweet and wonderful.  I was so blessed by all the effort he put into this. He loves me! Wow!  I am blessed!

7 comments:

  1. SUPER exciting! That lens is the best..ever! I love it! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a guy you have there Jamie! Those Smallwood boys were raised right....kudos to their parents!!!! Greg got me a zoom for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I have been having some kind of fun with it. But it is a very expensive hobby! Now I want more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!!! what a guy that rich is. that lens looks awesome. i want one so bad. have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what an awesome hubby!! I can see the difference in these pix too - way more depth... how fun for you!!! I still want to have you take pix of Mia (and just have her & Bailey play outside of daycare). We were too busy spring break, but summer for sure!! =0) Nice job Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally thought that you were going to give some OTHER kind of news...hahaha!
    Yeah for the neat surprise!!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! I think I will rent it again because Taylor was sick and I hardly used it :( I might need to ask you a few things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jamie, I just noticed that you went private. How come? I've thought about it from time to time too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!