Wow. This Rain. I liked it at first and I especially liked when I DIDN'T have to got to work in it and I could admire it from inside my cozy home. It forced us to actually stay inside and relax, which was really nice. But.... raise your hand if you are OVER IT! 6 days is a bit much. It has been raining NONSTOP. NONSTOP. It's pretty crazy how so many roads have been flooded out there. Last night it poured, and this morning it has stopped for a just long enough to take a little picture. View from my porch. Wet. Wet. Wet. And this is the "dryer" wet.
I got Bai the cutest little Hello Kitty rain boots. Wouldn't it be so fun to take her out and let her jump in puddles and have a ball, and get some cute pics? Well, as much as I want to we need to stay inside as much as possible. BOO!
She's been sick these last few days- poor baby! She has a runny nose that won't quit and a cough. I have braced myself for rough days and long nights but she's been such a trooper. She still plays and plays and she's slept pretty well- THANK GOD!
I love to watch her play- it's so cute. She sometimes want's to do whatever we are doing, and sometimes she'll just play forever with her toys, especially her "babies" or her Little People sets. Right now I'm on the couch and she's setting up all her babies in a line next to me. :)
I snapped this when she said they were "eating lunch." I looked over and she had them all set up with her tea set :)
Coloring in her room
Usually when she's quiet in her room, I walk in and find a huge mess.
She's an absolute angel, 96% of the time. She has the SWEETEST disposition and soft little voice. She says please and thank you and asks nicely for things, and when she asks for something like a lollipop she found and we tell her no, she just puts it back. She's a blast right now and makes everything fun.
But.... there is that other 4%. It's not a lot, but it's there. IT HAS STARTED. That thing they call the "Terrible Two's." We now know what that means. The other day we were eating out and she didn't want to go. Rich carried her out screaming. Yes, that was MY kid with the dad carrying her out SCREAMING. I swore I would never have that kid. I have that kid. Every once in a while now when she doesn't like something, she kicks and screams. NOT COOL! When I tell people about this, the response is ALWAYS the same. They get a little smile, have themselves a little chuckle, and act like, "Yep!" and "Good Luck with that..." Awesome. We need to get rid of that. I need people to tell me, "Oh, that's no problem. Here's what you need to do..."
Well, we're doing our best to nip that one. We'll see. I don't like it.
Anyway, back to my sweetheart girl. We've been cooped up but we've been having fun. I had some sprinkles and all kinds of things that can go on a cookie left over from my classroom party, so I threw some cookies in the oven (don't you love how effortless I can make that sound on a blog?) and set her up to decorate them.
You can tell she's not feeling herself, but she's been hangin' in there.
She also got to decorate a gingerbread house the other night with Grandma and Grandpa, uncles and Jennifer. It was so cute and they say she kept eating all the candy! She's been quite a little decorator!
We have more rain coming I guess, BIG RAIN, but it's supposed to taper off by this afternoon. We're praying that the weather cooperates and that Bailey is feeling better, because we have somewhere very special to go tonight. We're praying!






She is so cute! Noah loves jumping in the puddles in his rain boots...me not so much lol
ReplyDeleteI hope she feels better soon!
She is such a sweet little girl. I sure hope she is feeling all better by the time Santa comes.
ReplyDeleteEven the sweetest kids hit the terrible twos!!! Not to worry!
Sorry Bai has been sick Jamie. I hope she's on the mend now. It is so frustrating when kids start to test you for the first time. After a while I think you just learn how to handle them better. Hannah is so so stubborn, and Claire is very different, so if I yell at Claire she breaks down and sobs and acts like I have just emotionally killed her. Hannah will just keep on doing what she was doing and I have to approach them both differently. It's tough to be a parent!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow I am curious where your very special place to go was?
Hae a Merry Christmas!