Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving at OUR House!

We were soooooooooooooooo excited to have Thanksgiving this year at OUR new house!  We have always lived in apartments and have never had the room, and this was the first year we could actually have everyone over!

We tried to figure out how to have Rich's family and mine, but that just seemed overwhelming.  We decided to celebrate with the Smallwood's the next day and have my fam over.  We spent our last dollar on a table that could seat everyone and we couldn't wait!  I quickly realized all that goes into Thanksgiving dinner as emailed a list out so we could all split it up- NO WAY was I gonna attempt to do it all!  I'm just a rookie!  Then.....    it was suggest that I cook the turkey. What?  Are we crazy here?  Don't know what I was thinking, but I said, "um, ok."   

So Mom walked me through getting the bird ready and pulling out all the nasty stuff.  EEEWWWW!!!!!
Then I stuck him in the oven... Oh boy, this should be interesting...



Then everyone came in with extra dishes and silverware and food and serving trays and all kinds of stuff, and viola!  We had a Thanksgiving dinner on the table!!!!  It would not have happened without my mom, and Gram and Joni- they really knew what they were doing!  I was trying to observe and learn.... :)

My mom took the picture so I could be in it :)



I cannot describe the feeling.  It was so special to have my family all sitting around my table in my home for Thanksgiving.  I felt SO thankful.  I felt SO blessed.  It was wonderful.  I don't know why, it's just a meal, but it is something I have been waiting for forever. :)
Bailey kept telling everyone, "This is our new table!"









Afterwards we cleaned up and had some yummy pie and coffee, and everyone relaxed a little.  Well, almost everyone...  Ricky played with Bailey and she ran him around like crazy!  She ADORES him, and was talking about him long after everyone left!  He is so good with her, what a blessing he is!


It was cool to have Thanksgiving at our house.  I think I've got it out of my system, so I won't make the family drive out here next year, but I'm so glad everyone came.  We missed Eric and Bridgette, but they were with her family this year, which is totally understandable.  It's tough to run around to both, especially when the 91 fwy is involved. :)  

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!