Sunday, June 20, 2010

These Two

 This week/weekend has been crazy- I'm not even gonna go into it all but it's been about 500 things going on at once.  Naturally with Father's day coming, I had big intentions on doing something super cute but time just got away from me, and I've been overwhelmed with life lately. In the midst of it all, I came up with a plan and Bailey and I put it into action.

Bailey and Rich are so cute together. He makes her laugh like I've never seen and she just ADORES him. Every morning they have this cute little thing.  She wakes up and says, "cereal with Daddy!"  and as he's in the kitchen getting cereal, she excitedly runs to the couch and waits for him.  He comes over and sits by her and together they have their morning cereal and watch TV.  Usually, they watch "Jack's Big Music Show" but lately it's been the World Cup.


So we went to Color Me Mine to make daddy a cereal bowl.  She was so cute and she painted it so carefully!  Of course, they were backed up for Father's Day and it would take a week to get it fired.  That stinks!  So this is what I came up with until we get it. 

It is such a blessing to see these two together, she's such a daddy's girl already. :)



So now we're heading over to see my dad!  Let me tell you, he's awesome. I'm like him in so many ways (some good, some not so good!). We both like to be in control (most times) and have a little stubbornness.  He taught me so many life lessons and instilled in me a strong work ethic.  He also taught me to keep my commitments, even from way back in softball when I was little and I got hit by the ball for the first time and wanted to quit the team!  Those times when I feel that strong urge to do the right thing and not worry about what other people think- that is deffinitely from him.  He has always had so much wisdom.  Sometimes he makes the most difficult decisions and situations seem so simple.  He has always been an awesome provider.  I remember after 9-11, my parents both lost their jobs in the same day (they worked at the same company).  It was pretty scary but I remember having a strong peace because I knew my dad would figure something out and we'd be ok. I hope Bailey finds that same security in us one day.  I was a pretty good teenager.  I never really got into trouble and that's basically because of my dad.  It wasn't because I was afraid of him (don't tell him).  When I was little I hardly ever had an actual punishment because all he had to do was look at me with this certain face and I'd start crying.  But as I grew older, that went away. What did keep me in line was a fear of disappointing him.  He had this way of giving me so much independence, but also keeping me in check because I felt this responsibility to not take advantage of that.  I never wanted to disappoint him because I knew he trusted me, and breaking that trust would have broken my heart.  I hope we can accomplish that with Bailey, too!
Bailey sure does love her "Papa," and so do I!

Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute post Jamie. I've been wondering where you've been. I'm sorry you'e had a stressful week. Hope it's getting better!

    The poem was so sweet. And the idea to make him a cereal bowl for their breakfasts together. So thoughtful.

    Happy Father's Day to Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. You're so creative. And the poem is amazing:o) I bet Rich and Bailey will love their new bowls.

    I hope that everything in your life settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bowls are such an awesome gift, you are so thoughtful & creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!