Saturday, October 16, 2010

Moving Day

Here I am!  I went away for a bit but I'm back... maybe.  We're in our new house and I can't seem to find the time to blog, and when I have the time, I haven't really wanted to.  Weird huh? The truth is, we've been going through a bit of a rough time lately, but we have hope and God has good plans for us. I feel like focusing on the happy stuff.  Today I feel happy! :)

I have a lot of posts to catch up on, so maybe I can get them all in this week.  Right now I have a hundred things to do but it's all good, because we've had a productive day and I feel like relaxing.  Bai is down for a nap and Rich is playing his guitar by the lake.  We LOVE it here.  It feels like home :)

So a couple weeks ago was moving day.


We said good-bye to the apartment (yay!)



And moved our stuff into the new house (yay!)

We had soooooooooooo much help, it was amazing.  To everyone who helped out that day, however big or small, THANK YOU.  Rich and the guys had the truck loaded by 11am and headed over.  They moved it all in, and the rest of our awesome friends and family installed doggy doors into doors, put up blinds, hooked up the washer and dryer, and unpacked practically every box.  I'm not kidding, I think there were 4 boxes left.

There was a time when I would've wanted to do it all myself.  Now, I have a 2 year old.  Enough said.  All the ladies put everything into cupboards and it was awesome.  Of course, I had to go around later and rearrange things the way I wanted it, but it was nice to do that at my own pace throughout the week, and if I needed hairspray or a spoon, I just had to open a couple cupboards (not sort through boxes) and find it.  What a blessing!


My family stayed late and we ended up getting pizza and everyone was pooped!

I woke up Sunday morning and got to work arranging the kitchen- so fun! And little by little things are getting organized.



We have really been enjoying the house.  I'll cry if I start to tell you how grateful we are to have such a beautiful house that we do not deserve, so just know that we feel VERY overwhelmed and blessed with the whole thing. :)


For the first couple mornings, Bailey would wake up and say, "This is the new house!"
We have been running and jumping all over the place, because I no longer have to worry about neighbors downstairs and tell my little ball of energy she can't jump and dance!


Penny likes the new house too

Not sure why every picture I have seems to be of her in her pj's...



Seems like every day or couple days we meet neighbors, either going for walks or hanging out by the lake (we try to go out there every day- LOVE IT).  Some have been here a while and some are just moving in.  Today two more neighbors on our street have started to move stuff in. Everyone seems really cool. :)

So Wow.  WOW.  Turns out, once you move into a new house there are a lot of things to do.  We had to get an exterminator out here (they installed tubes in the walls so they just inject stuff through a panel and no spraying inside- cool), we had to put up some blinds so Bailey could take a nap and I could take a bath, apparently we need some rain trench drain thingy and a hole in our curb, and the list goes on and there are a million things I'm dying to get and do.  If only...

We had no rent/mortgage for a month and we got some money from our apartment deposit and from escrow, so that has helped us get going with stuff- HUGE BLESSING.  I made a list today and even threw in some things we have already done, because it's way more motivating when you already have some things crossed off, right?  Now we just need funding and we're set haha!  Well, it'll take time.

Again, thank you to all the people that have helped us get settled.  You know who you are and we love you and are so grateful for you.  We are learning this "house" stuff as we go!

Oh, and another cool thing... the commute is not bad!  I was so nervous about that.  I figured I'd hate it but it would be worth it.  Turns out traffic isn't bad at all! It's usually moving fine, sometimes a little patchy, and where it can back up a little bit- my friends have taught me some shortcuts through the streets.  There is one spot I go through that gets pretty bad but that's where I jump into carpool and fly by everyone!

5 comments:

  1. congratulations your new home is beautiful & I especially LOVE the kithen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kitchen* ...glad I can spell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks beautiful! That is so exciting and I bet Bailey loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new house Jamie and Rich!! It looks so pretty! That big drawer for the kitchen tupperware is awesome! How nice to be meeting so many neighbors already too. So happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!