Sunday, May 22, 2011

Castle Park!

EVERY time I take Bailey with me to one of my doctor appointments to "check baby Zoe" as she says, we drive in the back way right by Castle Park and Bailey's eyes get huge as she looks.  She always asks me, "Mommy, what is that?" and I tell her it's Castle Park.  Then she says in the sweetest little voice, "Mommy, can I go to Castle Park?"  I always tell her that maybe someday we'll go there.

Well, this Saturday we found ourselves with nothing to do. We've been so busy lately, and there was a birthday party that I was planning on taking Bailey to, that I thought was Saturday, but turned out to be Sunday (oops!).  So all of the sudden we all had a day together!  We decided that we have so much coming up on the weekends before the baby comes, and that we should take Bailey somewhere fun!  I knew she'd been dying to go to Castle Park, so we went there.

We hadn't been there in sooooooo long, and didn't really know what to expect for the little ones. It was annoying at first because that place is a rip off, let me tell you (and the sad thing is that despite that, I'm sure we'll be back)! I remember tickets for rides, but now everyone has to pay an all day pass to get in the gate no matter what. The cool thing was that moms are free this month, so we figured we'd pay for her and I could go on the rides with her.  Well, the girl informed us that we had to buy a pass for Rich too, even if he wasn't going to go on any rides- lame! So we ended up paying about $40 for a couple hours, which I guess I shouldn't complain about because it could have been $65 if I hadn't been free.  Oh well, we got over it and had a great time :)

In line....

She was looking up at the log ride over us, a little nervous!

We were on our way!

First ride was the carousel- she loves those anywhere we can find them! Or is that Rich I'm thinking of?


I went on the airplane with her- barely fit in that thing with my big belly!

We had to spend some time waiting in line for a couple of them...

But we made the most of it!

She loved the rides!




Good thing we did get a pass for Rich, turns out preggers can't go on some rides, like this one.  Clearly it would be way too rough for a pregnant person.  I'm surprised I was even going to attempt it...



I couldn't go on the choo choo train either. 2 miles an hour is just too risky.

One more ride on the plane


By the time we left, this girl was tired!

Bye Bye Castle Park!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Bailey had a great time!!! Love all the pictures. Justin told me yesterday how excited she was talking about her castle park trip:) P.s her hair is even longer now. Shes growing up soo fast.. Oh and you look super cute in all the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie you are the cutest pregnant lady there ever was! You look great!
    Hannah always asks me about Castle Park when we pass by too. We've never been with the girls but we should. I just saw a blog friend did anniversary pictures with her husband there and they were so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! It looks like you all had so much fun =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!