Monday, March 14, 2011

Anxiously Waiting!

26 weeks (I think that's about 6 months along?)

I feel huge :)  It kinda stinks that my hips have to get wider- can't the belly just grow?  Oh, and the boobs, I'll take the boobs too.  And maybe I could use a little butt too.  Okay, a lot more butt. But that's it. :)  

She's healthy and growing in there.  The Dr. says she's doing well, and we are so thankful for that.  I know a couple people who are having complications and that must be so scary and my heart goes out to them. :(

She is active.  Oh my gosh, she is active! All I have to do is eat a jelly bean and it starts her up.  I don't 
remember that with Bailey. I also don't remember Bailey feeling so low.  I was saying the other day that she is so low and I try to change positions sometimes when I sit to give her more room, I'm afraid she's squished- Rich says he remembers me saying that with Bailey too.  She moves a lot and it's so cool now because Rich can feel it on the outside of my belly too! I love sharing that with him- such a little miracle to have something moving around it your tummy, it's crazy!  At my last appointment, it took the Dr. about 10 minutes to get a number for the heartbeat, because the baby kept moving around!  Every time she would find the heartbeat, it was gone in a second.  Told you she's active!

I still love being pregnant- it's the most incredible experience to be a part of.  
But.... this second one has been a lot different.  I remember flying around with ease with Bailey, and with this one I feel like I'm 90!  I sit for a little while and you should see me moaning and groaning as I get up and walk!  A lot more soreness in my lower back and hips, especially when I sleep- I wake up sore every few hours and have to switch positions, like it's my 8th month or something.  The Dr. tells me that's normal, that everything is more stretched out already with this one so it's putting more pressure on my joints.  She says soon the baby will move up into my abdomen more and that will help. And I guess I am older with this one... 

Terrified nervous about childbirth again. I know it's natural, but think about it.  It just doesn't seem right. I was so scared with Bailey, and I ended up having a wonderful experience, but for some reason all the anxiety is back.  I'm not the type to go for it all natural- if there are drugs (and it's safe), I'll take it!  I told Rich those Dr.'s have 2 options, Epidural or C-section.  Otherwise, I am not doin' it!

Bailey is excited to have a little sister.  We got her a Big Sister book, and she talks to the baby.  My friend's baby is at Peggie's, so she's getting experience with that already.  Now she takes her stuffed animals and wraps them up in blankets and sways them back and forth saying, "Sh Sh Sh."  It's cute!  She's getting a big girl bed today!  We had gotten some money from my uncle for Christmas, and I knew exactly what we needed it for, so I stuck it away.  I actually thought we'd be buying a crib with it, but it makes more sense to put the baby in the crib and get Bailey a bed at this point.  We picked out a little white twin sleigh bed yesterday, so she'll get it tonight- she is SO EXCITED to get her "big girl bed!"

That nesting instinct has definitely kicked in! I have energy and this need to clean and organize everything in the house.  I was up late and you should see my closet!  This weekend I went through all Baileys tubs of old clothes and gave some away, threw out some, and put them into tubs folded and labeled by size.  I'm soooooo beyond excited to get the girls' rooms ready! We are going to put them in separate rooms for now, and as soon as the baby is sleeping through the night we will combine them (So the bedding and stuff will match). 

Spring Break this week! Yay! 

4 comments:

  1. You are SO cute pregnant! Oh my gosh. I'm so excited for everything. That cracks me up that you are nervous again about labor. I think last time you said something like labor is like thinking about swallowing a watermelon. LOL.

    -Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie!
    You are so adorable. You look great. Beautiful!
    I felt the same as you my 2nd pregnancy, things just ached more and sooner than they did the first time. My doctor told me, "well, you are a little bit older each time and that does play a part". Great. Thanks. Right?

    Hang in there. YOu are almost done already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cutie prego! :) Cant believe youre already 6 months. Time goes by so fast and before you know it she will be here:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!