I LOVE scrapbooking, but not
really scrapbooking I guess. I dont have all the cool backgrounds and stickers and cutouts and ribbons... I always thought the scrapbooks people made were so cute, I just never let myself get into it. No way. I would HAVE to have every sticker to go with every event and holiday and all possible shape cutters, etc. I could just see myself with suitcases full of scrapbook supplies and bazillions of dollars later! I was always so scared to open that can of worms!! Once I found out that Creative Memories had a
Digital program I thought, "Hey, This I can do!" My wonderful parents got me the program for my birthday one year and now I'm hooked. I love it! I love it! I love it! I love the idea of dragging stuff around, cutting shapes with the pics, changing sizes, adding shadows, embelishments (and just copy and paste if I need more!), etc. It's awesome! I've gone frome being all elaborate to now just keeping them pretty simple. I have friends that still love the traditional scrapbooking because it has the "real" stuff, rather than one flat sheet. I agree, that adds a certain homemade special touch to it. And those pages do come out really cute! I really like both actually. Anyway, here are some pages I've made recently. I did Bailey's 1st year book and had it bound into an actual book (kinda expensive but that was a special one) and now I just do pages as I go 12x12 and get them printed and slide them into a book. It's pretty bad when the Costco photo people know me by name and can spot Bailey across the store and recognize her. They say they've "watched her grow." So yah, I'm in there a lot. What can I say I love my pics, those are my treasured memories!
Some from December and January, yes they are all of Bailey. I can't help it, my camera goes straight to her
Anyway I wanted to share a couple sights for any digital scrapbookers out there...
This is the program I came to love- I don't know of any others out there, but this one is pretty cool
http://www.creativememories.com/MainMenu/Our-products-and-services/Digital-Scrapbooking/Digital-Scrapbooking-Software/Story-Book-Creator-Plus-3.0-(Full)---Download
This is where I find a lot of free backgrounds that can be imorted into the program:
These sites have kits and stuff that are VERY cute, a lot of them free!
http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/digital_scrapbooking_theme_kits.html
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp
http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=15
http://www.scrapwow.com/
http://www.creativememories.com/MainMenu/Our-products-and-services/Digital-Scrapbooking/Digital-Content-Downloads/Digital-Kits
Those page layouts are SO cute!!
ReplyDeleteLove those!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper CUTE!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jamie. I think I have transitioned into a digital scrapbooker, but I don't ever even get the chance to do it. I will looks at those websites later.
ReplyDeleteThose are all SO cute. Now I want to sit and try to make some more. I am REALLY behind on Gavin's scrapbook. Maybe on my next break from work! Thanks for the websites
ReplyDelete