Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hello out there!

I'm back to work.  Have you noticed?  I was turbo blogger for a while, and now I am trying so hard to keep up!

I started back to work. It's been pretty hectic because with such a short summer, I was not about to go back any sooner than I had to.  Well, ok, I did go back one day earlier, because I knew I couldn't get my classroom together in just one day.  I figured two would work, but I was wrong.  I had all the necessary stuff done, but that first half week back I was still laminating folders, putting things on the walls, etc.  Then came planning for the next week and getting ready for that while also getting ready for Back to School Night.  So it's been nuts.  And so the list has started at work. Fellow teachers, you know that list.  The one that never ends until the year is over.  Cross one thing off, add two.  That's how it goes.

I came home every night with my lamiated stuff to cut out, plans to write, whatever, but absolutley exhausted because I'm not used to standing (Feet KILLING me!) and being "on" all day. Teaching is so draining those first few weeks you are still getting used to it!  I know soon I'll get myself into that groove but it's been a little rough. Thank goodness Rich is dealing with all the house stuff and documents and loan papers. I just sign where he tells me to!

What I can say is that I LOVE my kids this year!  Those of you who know about last year know how grateful I am for that. I am SO SO SO looking forward to this year and giving these kids everything I've got! :)

So with all this going on I have had pictures SITTING in my camera.  Some people leave their pictures in their cameras forever.  I think my mom still has pictures of when Bailey was born in her camera.  Not me! I HATE it when I have pictures in my camera.  They call to me, "Edit me!  Post me!  Scrapbook me! Give me purpose!"  I can't stand it and it's been driving me crazy all week.

My dad and Grandma both had birthdays this month.  We combined celebrating them into one night, and it was fun!

We opened presents in the living room after dinner.  Thank goodness, the birthday pictures are all starting to look the same!

This one ran around all night with her favorite toy at Nana's, her cart....
Hey, she's got a present in there!

My sweet, sweet grandma, or "GG" as Bailey calls her.
My dad, the tough Harley biker
And again, this girl just gets no attention, no love.  You can just see the tears of sadness about to break through...
Of course, we did have cake and ice cream and the usual laughs around mom's table!


And Bailey enjoyed her cake!

Happy Birthday Dad and Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    Sorry it's been so cray busy for you lately!
    I know what you mean about having to get used to being "on" all day again. Since I don't work full time anymore, when I pull 10,11 hour days on my feet non stop, I am not used to doing that anymore and I am so so so tired at the end of my work days. And usually all day the next day too! I guess I am getting old. hahaha

    Cute pictures from the birthdays as always! Your family sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always look forward to them!